[mythtv-users] how are the commercial flags stored?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Sep 12 15:34:29 UTC 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 8:19 AM, CHRIS KOTTING wrote:

> If you're talking about having that happen while you're watching
> Live TV, I
> don't think so, unless you've got one heck of a fast processor
> available.
> Running a commflag job on a live TV stream would be pretty processor-
> intensive, depending on your hardware.

I run commflag on currently recording programs all the time. If
something is recording, I usually wait 15 minutes or so to start
watching it so I can skip the commercials and generally finish
watching it just as the broadcast ends.

I don't see why you would want to move the file. You can even allow
commflag jobs on LiveTV, but it doesn't make much sense since it
doesn't happen in real-time. So you would have to start watching
something in LiveTV, hit pause, let commflag do it's thing for a
little while, then continue watching. At that point, you can just hit
record and watch it later. :)