[mythtv-users] how are the commercial flags stored?

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 12 15:19:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:03:02 -0400, Kent Watsen wrote
> I read on the Wiki about how to config and use commercial flagging
>
> ((http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Commflagging) and also about
> its algorithm
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Commercial_Flagging), but
> where are the flags stored? - are the flags stored in the SQL
> database or are they embedded into the recording itself?

They are stored in an SQL database.

> Would it
> make sense to have an "incoming livetv" directory and then have the
> commercial-skipping process move the recordings into a "now playing"
> directory for the frontends to use?

If you're talking about having that happen while you're watching Live TV, I
don't think so, unless you've got one heck of a fast processor available.
Running a commflag job on a live TV stream would be pretty processor-
intensive, depending on your hardware.

As it is, if you're wathcing Live TV, it's being recorded, and you'r
watching the recoeding. If you decide to keep it (hit "r" while you're
watching), it will be dealt with as a recording, and the commflagging job
will happen based on how you have it set up (generally after the recording
is completed, when there are no other recording jobs running).

Chris K.