[mythtv-users] NFS issue

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 01:06:07 UTC 2007

On 11/09/2007, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have a FC6 box as my main PC aside from my MythTV box (which is also FC6).
>  I setup and NFS share on my main box to share my MP3 collection.  I would
> like to mount to that directory from my MythTV box to copy over all of the
> MP3s to use in MythMusic.  However, whenever I try to mount the directory, I
> get the following error message:
>
> "mount: mount to NFS server '192.168.1.102' failed: System Error: No route
> to host."

Do other networking utilities (ssh/ftp etc) allow you to connect to
the main PC from your MythTV machine when the firewall is up? No route
to host seems like a fairly low-level network problem.

Check the output of

# rpcinfo -p

for the current ports being used, and read

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Share_Directories_via_NFS

Do you have rules for 111 udp/tcp in addition to the nfsd port 2049?

If you still have problems, might I suggest you look at Shorewall to
replace the default Fedora firewall. It makes configuring your
firewall methodical yet straightforward.
--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/