[mythtv-users] NFS issue

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Sep 11 22:29:49 UTC 2007

Harry Devine wrote:
> I have a FC6 box as my main PC aside from my MythTV box (which is also FC6).  I setup and NFS share on my main box to share my MP3 collection.  I would like to mount to that directory from my MythTV box to copy over all of the MP3s to use in MythMusic.  However, whenever I try to mount the directory, I get the following error message:
>
> "mount: mount to NFS server '192.168.1.102' failed: System Error: No route to host."
>
> My IPTables firewall on both boxes have the following lines in them:
> "-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 2049 -j ACCEPT"
>
> If I stop the iptables service on my main PC, I can mount it fine, so I know its a firewall issue.  I know that 2049 is the NFS port (via /etc/services), so why wouldn't NFS be working in my case?  I'd like to have it work, then automount it via /etc/fstab.

Since all of the answers seemed to deal only with top/bottom posting...

go here:   http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/

and jump to section 7, Troubleshooting

It explains the error messages and what to do to fix them.

You probably have a firewall problem. Fedora has nice little program
called 'lokkit' which allows you to fiddle with the firewall and
iptables. You need to open the correct ports.

You may have other errors too, so check out that page. IIRC you need
port 22 open.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury