[mythtv-users] warning: first frame is no keyframe

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 31 04:05:18 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem whereby fastforwarding or rewinding a recorded
program, then playing it causes the video to run at high speed but the
audio to remain at the proper speed (obviously out of sync with the
video). I noticed a whole series of these messages:

[mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]current_picture not initalized
2007-10-30 20:08:31.172 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error
2007-10-30 20:08:31.439 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]current_picture not
initalized
2007-10-30 20:08:31.439 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error
2007-10-30 20:08:32.497 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]warning: first
frame is no keyframe
2007-10-30 20:08:33.699 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]warning: first
frame is no keyframe
2007-10-30 20:08:33.771 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]warning: first
frame is no keyframe
2007-10-30 20:08:34.379 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]warning: first
frame is no keyframe
2007-10-30 20:08:34.782 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]warning: first
frame is no keyframe
2007-10-30 20:08:34.909 [mpeg2video @ 0x2b808fd23c30]current_picture not
initalized
2007-10-30 20:08:34.909 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error

I've tried repairing the recordedseek table (and in fact repairing ALL
the tables) to no effect.

Also, several (but not all) of my recent recordings fail to display with
the message:

The file for this recording cannot be found

Not sure if this is related. Some recording work fine; others display
the message above. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which
work and which don't.

Any suggestions? I'm using the SVN version.

Thanks!