[mythtv-users] Integrate MythDVD/mtd with the server job queue?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:36:10 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, Marc Sherman <msherman at projectile.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible to get MythDVD rips to go through the server job queue?
> I'm running a combined frontend/backend, and sometimes I'll be ripping a
> DVD at the same time as a server-owned transcoding job starts, which
> completely hoses my box. Alternatively, is it possible for mtd and the
> server job queue to negotiate so that only one of them can run a job at
> a time?
>
> It gets particularly bad when mtd and the job queue are both transcoding
> something, and something else is trying to record; when that happens, I
> invariably end up with buffer overruns in the recording, resulting in a
> garbled encode.

It is interesting that the "Import DVD" section of MythTV looks and
behaves so differently from the rest of the MythTV interface.  I like
your idea, but I wonder if there is a historical reason for the two
job queues being separate even after MythDVD was integrated into the
MythTV codebase (I believe it used to be a separate plugin).

/Brian/