[mythtv-users] Integrate MythDVD/mtd with the server job queue?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Tue Oct 30 15:56:28 UTC 2007

Is it possible to get MythDVD rips to go through the server job queue?
I'm running a combined frontend/backend, and sometimes I'll be ripping a
DVD at the same time as a server-owned transcoding job starts, which
completely hoses my box. Alternatively, is it possible for mtd and the
server job queue to negotiate so that only one of them can run a job at
a time?

It gets particularly bad when mtd and the job queue are both transcoding
something, and something else is trying to record; when that happens, I
invariably end up with buffer overruns in the recording, resulting in a
garbled encode.

Thanks,
- Marc