[mythtv-users] OT [Re: The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition]

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Mon Oct 29 18:26:00 UTC 2007

> Tony Godshall wrote:
>

> > Linux is Free, not free, and you don't have to keep paying over and
> > over and over and over...
> >

> You have discovered (another) limitation of English. Spanish handles
> that with Gratis and Libre, both of which translate as "free" in English.

Thus the L in FLOSS.  En English the shorthand is to capitalize, which
works fine except for the beginning of a sentence.

Oops.  I stared that sentence with "En".  It's odd how the mind shifts gears.
Yes, I speak Spanish fluently and I didn't just "discover" libre.  Linux es
software libre pero no es por necessidad gratuito.  Never did get accents tho.

Tony