[mythtv-users] Cannot for the life of me to make the GUI Show correctly

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:53:58 UTC 2007

So,

TV Playback plays just fine, the opening screen for the front end looks fine,
but when I go to manage recordings or to the setup, it overscans by a pretty
big amout..

It does this with all themes and only after I upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10.

Here is my xorg.conf

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Disable         "dbe"
        Disable         "dri"
        Disable         "glx"
        Disable         "vbe"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"      "ImPS/2"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Failsafe Device"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Busid           "PCI:3:0:0"
        Option          "AddARGBVisuals"        "True"
        Option          "AddARGBGLXVisuals"     "True"
        Option          "NoLogo"        "True"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Failsafe Monitor"
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Failsafe Device"
        Monitor         "Failsafe Monitor"
        Defaultdepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth   24
                Modes           "720x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
  screen "Default Screen"
        Inputdevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        Inputdevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

I have a pretty old crappy Sharp TV.. Good ol Round Tubed CRT
I have MythBuntu Packages installed.

The OSD pans across the screen now too..

Ben