[mythtv-users] Hauppauge remote difficulties

Ben Ross mythtv at smileyben.com
Sat Oct 27 16:17:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just got my Hauppauge Nova-T PCI remote working with MythTV (on
Ubuntu 7.04), but I have a problem. When I press the power button on
the remote, the computer acts as if I've clicked the Gnome Log Off
button. When I press mute, it acts as if I've clicked mute on the
volume button, and when I press up and down it moves the cursor up and
down. Number buttons type numbers (e.g. into a console), and so on.

Obviously this behavior is great, and really useful for using the
computer in general, but, since it doesn't recognise pressing power or
stop to exit a recording, it doesn't make using MythTV very easy.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Ben

--