[mythtv-users] Only upgrade of MythDVD plugin - how ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 27 14:24:37 UTC 2007

On 10/27/2007 07:20 AM, Warpme wrote:
> I have running very stable and flawless r5f27 system (only DVD
> Internal player has some remarkable problems with DVD menus).
> Since it serves whole house as production system I don't want to touch
> nicely running system, but definitely Internal DVD player in r5f27
> needs some fixes.
> In latest myth SVN Internal DVD player however works really well as I
> tested it in minimyth.  Q is: how can I upgrade only mythDVD plugin to
> latest version with minimal changes in rest r5f27 ?
> I have idea to compile mythdvd plugin under clean r5f27 in virtual
> machine and next copy binaries over production server. Can somebody
> hint me which files after compilation should be copied ?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_use_SVN_frontend.2Fbackend_with_release_X_frontend.2Fbackend.3F
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_can_I_go_back_from_SVN_code_to_release_X.3F

Besides, the internal DVD player is basically mythfrontend, so we're
talking about a lot of surgery to try to upgrade "just MythDVD internal
player."  MythDVD is a) in 0.20-fixes:  simply the thing that calls the
internal or external DVD player and b) in trunk: nonexistent (basically
the functionality was merged with MythVideo).

Mike