[mythtv-users] Full HD MythTV

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:22:46 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Doug Young <goofdad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/26/07, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > The problem is how do you plan to get "Full HDTV" out of your satellite
> > receiver and then capture it?
> >
> > I'm not aware of any solution to this at the present time.
>
> I'm aware of one (actually 2, but they typically get lumped together).
>  The big problem is they're expensive and of dubious and untested
> legality...
>
> you can find them at:
> http://www.169time.com/
> http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/home.htm
>
> 4: R5000: This supports all subscribed channels in full HD (as
> available) in MPEG2 and MPEG4 (again, as available) over firewire to a
> winblows box, then over firewire from there to a Linux box.  It
> supports the latest single tuner DishNetwork (my carrier) box (VIP
> 211), and will give all channels, including premiums like HBO should I
> ever want it.

All your STBs are belong to us:

http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/sales.htm

This seems of dubious utility considering that the necessary hoops
include sending them your obsolete STB (newer ones won't work) for
modification and that they seem to be steering people away from using
Myth (http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/mythtv.htm).  Not to
mention what Doug said about need a Window passthrough.

-Jerry