[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend on FreeBSD - was: ZFS - what's the scoop?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 25 22:28:54 UTC 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Glenn Harris wrote:
> How well does FreeBSD work for a mythbackend?

Don't know, sorry.  I haven't tried it for that, although it's
tempting, because I do have a FreeBSD server handling other things.
 From what I've seen support for video devices is pretty slim in
FreeBSD and it's not integrated into a common framework the way V4L
is.  That might not matter if you're planning on using a purely
network devices such as the HDHomeRun, though.