[mythtv-users] What kind of card do I need for a backend only system?

Anil Gupte anil-list at icinema.com
Thu Oct 25 08:30:36 UTC 2007

I am trying to go to the next level and have a backend/frontend setup.  I have two PVR-350s which I am using in two combined systems right now.  What kind of card should I get for a ackend only solution?  I assume it will be less expensive because I need an encoder only card.  Can I then stream the backend output to the frontend through an IP connection?  Then on the front end what kind of card do I need?  Is there a FAQ about this somewhere?

Thanx,
Anil Gupte