[mythtv-users] Automating the Video Manager

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:17:32 UTC 2007

2007/10/24, Anduin Withers <awithers at anduin.com>:
> > Video files come and go off my system, often enough that going to Main
> > Menu->Setup->Utilities->Video Manager and back to Main Menu->Media
> > Library->Watch Videos all the time is kind of a pain.
>
> Turn on the various "[view type] browses files" options, as well as "Video
> List Loads Metadata". You will then only run the video manager to edit
> items.

I just saw interesting behavior here. My file server is turned off at
the moment and I can see the list of videos in MythVideo's gallery.

When I turn on the option to show me also files which are not scanned,
MythVideo does not show anything any more, not even videos which are
in the database. It cannot show anything new in this directory because
it is not mounted, but I expected to be able to see at least videos
which are already scanned which is usual behavior.

I would not consider this as a bug, although I see no reason for
showing scanned videos when this option is turned off and not showing
anything at all when is turned on.

M.