[mythtv-users] mass deleting shows?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 24 17:39:07 UTC 2007


On 10/24/2007 01:24 PM, Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 01:57:20PM -0400, Ryan Steffes wrote:
>>     
>>> For some reason, I occasionally get crashes on the backend when I try
>>> to rapidly delete one show after another. 
> there's a button in one of the setup screens that says Delete Slowly. I'm not sure if it means what I think, but I checked it. And they really do delete slowly... (it seems to cause less glitches in playback while deleting, this way)

Yep.  It generally deletes about 4MiB per half second (works out to
about 0.47GiB/min or 1GiB/2min 8 sec).  It will delete larger chunks if
you have an extremely high max bitrate for all the capture cards on your
(one) backend, but few do.

I'm a big believer in this setting.  With it, I can use
rock-solid-stable ext3 without feeling the effects of its one
downside--the fact that it "locks" up I/O for a long time when deleting
large files in one fell swoop.  I no longer have to schedule deletes
during periods when no recordings are occurring.

Mike


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list