[mythtv-users] mass deleting shows?

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 24 17:24:41 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
>From: Marc MERLIN <marc_mtv at merlins.org>
>
>On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:33:58AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> Add the shows you want to delete to a playlist and delete all of them
>> with 1 delete command. The hint here is that you can add all of the
>> programs in a group to a playlist by selecting the group on the left
>> of the Watch Recordings screen (hit M(enu) then Add This Group to
>> Playlist). Then M(enu) again and choose Playlist Options. Delete on
>> the bottom will delete everything in your playlist.

thanks for that. I used it yesterday to move 125 episodes of Scrubs to a different Recording Group :-)

>On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 01:57:20PM -0400, Ryan Steffes wrote:
>> For some reason, I occasionally get crashes on the backend when I try
>> to rapidly delete one show after another.

there's a button in one of the setup screens that says Delete Slowly. I'm not sure if it means what I think, but I checked it. And they really do delete slowly... (it seems to cause less glitches in playback while deleting, this way)

--
Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"