[mythtv-users] Suspend to RAM -- Which MB to buy?

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 24 15:41:37 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:
> I am thinking of building a new frontend and would like Suspend-to-Ram
> S3 to work out of the box.  It works on my laptop just fine but with my
> 2 myth machines and my desktop it doesnt.  I have tried to get it to
> work before but all i ever end up with is a computer that wont wake up
> after a suspending or drivers not loading back up correctly.
>
> So..... Would everyone report which motherboards they have with
> Suspend-to-Ram that works "out of the box" and what Distribution you
> used.  I would like to compile a list and write up a wiki article on it.

Diskless ASUS M2NPV-VM with AMD Athlon64 3200+ (Venice Core), BIOS 1001
and Linux kernel 2.6.23.

Diskless ASUS A8N-VM CSM with AMD Athlon64 3800+ (Lima Core), BIOS 1007
and Linux kernel 2.6.23.

Before these BIOS versions, S3 did not work completely. Before this
kernel version, S3 did not work with the SMP kernel.

I use MiniMyth <http://linpvr.org/minimyth/>. The latest test build has
the Linux kernel 2.6.23.

Both motherboard's support wake from S3 using USB. I use an MCE remote
to sleep and wake the frontend.