[mythtv-users] PVR-150 IR receiver extension?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Oct 24 00:01:05 UTC 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions and web link guys.  But I think my
> problem lies in a detail that I left out.  My particular pvr-150
> has the IR receiver / Blaster combo.  This seems to use a slightly
> different plug than a standard mini-jack headphone plug (more
> conductors and a different size).  I'm guessing that I'm S.O.L. and
> will need to invest in a USB receiver / remote.

Do you have any soldering skills?  If it were me, I would cut the
existing cable in two and make an extension with my own connectors.

Or you might try Digi-Key (http://www.digikey.com/) or Mouser
Electronics (http://www.mouser.com/).  They  sell to the electronics
industry and carry a lot of stuff that is otherwise difficult to
find, and unlike most wholesalers they will sell single quantities to
individuals.  You could probably get the right connectors from them
and solder up your own extension cable.

Downsides: You'll have to meet a minimum order or pay a service fee.
And they will mail you a phone-book-sized catalog four times a year
for the rest of your life. ;)