[mythtv-users] MythTV backend crashing constantly (gdb seg fault output)

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:59:04 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using GDB I have captured some seg fault output which I have attached...

Joe-

I can't interpret your report but I do have a question.   Did you create
this using gdb or apport mentioned in previous thread?   I am just curious
since I have the same problem to troubleshoot that you do.   I actually
compiled a version manually with debug built in and that is how I got gdb
working.   Did you use the command:

while true; do date >> gdb.txt; gdb mythbackend -x gdbcommands; done;

and still see the backend crash?   When I use that method, my backend runs
OK.

Steve