[mythtv-users] PS3 Patches - anyone want to test them?

Eric bernhart2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:02:44 UTC 2007

>Hey Mark, I've run the latest patch you created and I get the following
error when I try to compile it

>videoout_ps3fb.cpp: In member function ‘void VideoOutputPS3FB::Zoom(int)’:
>videoout_ps3fb.cpp:133: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to
‘ZoomDirection’
>videoout_ps3fb.cpp:133: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘virtual void
VideoOutput::Zoom(ZoomDirection)’
>make[2]: *** [videoout_ps3fb.o] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/mythtv-vid/libs/libmythtv'
>make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/mythtv-vid/libs'
>make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
>Any ideas? is it possible that you could upload the videout_ps3b.o file?
>Thanks
>Eric

So I figured I'd share what I've learned so far with the communite as some
other people may be strugling  like I was.
I resolved the error above me by changing line 133 from
VideoOutputPS3FB::Zoom(Direction); to :Zoom(Direction);
this fixed that error. There was one more error that came after this about
boot-game-os from the file main.cpp (sorry can't remember the line number).
Anyhow, I just commented it out and everything compiled and installed fine.
I changed the video render to PS3FB and still didn't have a deinterlacer to
select.
When I went to watch TV the image was scrambled.... but a very  fast and
smooth scrambled. As it turns out I was not running YDL in full screen
mode( who would have guessed 720p and 1080i modes weren't really 1024x720
and 1280x1024). This caused each line of pixels to be offset  by whatever
the size of those side black bars are. To fix this I went into the file
/etc/kboot.conf  and changed the default video mode value.
The default line looks like this
>ydl='/dev/sda1:/vmlinux-2.6.16-20061110.ydl.1ps3
initrd=/dev/sda1:/initrd-2.6.16-20061110.ydl.1ps3.img root=/dev/sda2
init=/sbin/init video=ps3fb:mode:3 rhgb
change the following "video=ps3fb:mode:131 rhgb"  for 720p full screen
or
 "video=ps3fb:mode:132 rhgb"  for 1080i full screen
After doing this everything seems to be running pretty good, 720p and 1080i
material both run smoothly.. It does randomly crash with a segment fault
error. That might have something to do with me monkeying around with the
code....

All in all its running pretty good. I also want to thank Mark and the rest
of the MythTv development team for making this all possible.
Thanks!
Eric