[mythtv-users] PS3 Patches - anyone want to test them?

Kristian Jerpetjøn kristian.jerpetjoen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 23:14:44 UTC 2007

Mark

The guys are making progress on the mplayer vo seems
h264 and really hight bit rate mpeg2 is the only thing holding them back
soon.

And i am making progress on a Xv driver based on the same acceleration as
the mplayer vo .

Someone has also started some work on a gui driver but its doubtful they
will make it sdl or something like that compliant at the time beeing.

We also did some improvements to the structure of libspu-medialib.a and
outsourced the frame buffer source to libsp3fb.a

the spu binaries are now objects in libspu-medialib.a and we also made it
all 32 bit compliant.

this is just the starting phase of spu-medialib and we have started to look
more and more into doing video decoding on the spu's but we are still short
on hands.

It shouldn't be to hard to use these acceleration's and please let me know
if there is something you feel is missing.

it's still only yv12 and i420 scaling and colorspace in the same spu.

However its offloading 70% when playing back 1280x720 at 60fps and  think we
can improve its performance but currently its adequate.

http://wiki.ps2dev.org/ps3:spu-medialib

cheers
kristian

On 20/10/2007, eric bernhart <bernhart2002 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Did you try the updated patch?
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/latestps3.diff
> > I'm not sure whether this will still apply cleanly to svn, though it
> > might now work with trunk as well as mythtv-vid. There are still some
> > issues to resolve but I won't be able to look at it again for 6-8
> > weeks - PS3 currently in its box ready for a boat trip to Singapore.
> >> Regards>> Mark
> Hey Mark, I've run the latest patch you created and I get the following
> error when I try to compile it
>
> videoout_ps3fb.cpp: In member function 'void VideoOutputPS3FB::Zoom(int)':
> videoout_ps3fb.cpp:133: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to
> 'ZoomDirection'
> videoout_ps3fb.cpp:133: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'virtual void
> VideoOutput::Zoom(ZoomDirection)'
> make[2]: *** [videoout_ps3fb.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/mythtv-vid/libs/libmythtv'
> make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eric/mythtv-vid/libs'
> make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
> Any ideas? is it possible that you could upload the videout_ps3b.o file?
> Thanks
> Eric

Kristian Jerpetjøn
Tlf:        +4721694436