[mythtv-users] Force Comm Flagger to FE

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:29:38 UTC 2007

I don't know how to force commflagging on remote BE, but you could try
something else:

1.  you can let mythtv to run only one job in the background at the
same time (commflagging, transcoding, user jobs). you can change this
in mythtv-setup. default is two (I think).

2. give mythfrontend the highest (or higher) priority then commflaging
process. you can define commflaging command in mythtv-setup. the
command is usually "mythcommflag". you can change this to "nice -n 19
mythcommflag" to give it the lowest priority. mythfrontend is usually
run with priority 0 (zero) I believe. This works for me pretty well.

M.

2007/10/22, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have my Master backend with a HDHR connected and most the storage
> connected to my theater.  This is the primary location for viewing TV.  I
> also have  a remote BE with a pvr-150 in it.
>
> It works great but i have a small issue.  When watching HD video and comm
> flagging HD i get brief pre-buffer errors.  What i would like is to have the
> Remote BE have comm flagging prirortiy over the BE.
>
> How do i do this?
>
> The BE is a 3.4Ghz P4 w/ 620GB of storage and the FE is a 3.0Ghz with 80GB
> of storage.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche