[mythtv-users] Programme #14336

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Oct 22 13:45:15 UTC 2007

norman wrote:

> I cannot find any reference to tuners or hostname which I am assuming
> would be in the backend setup procedure. However there is a heading
> 'Capture cards' under which there are 'V4L:/dev/video0' and 'DVB:0'. Do
> you mean delete these and start over again to set up this section?

That's right. In most cases, tuner=capture card, where most cards have a single
tuner on it. My bad, getting the exact setup entry wrong.

Where you have the menu entry 'Capture cards', you will have entries for add
card, delete card*, delete all cards on <hostname>, and delete all cards. Choose
the last. This clears out the relevant part of the database without disturbing
other info.

Mike Perkins

*In any part of the Myth system where you have entries such as capture cards,
sources, programs, recordings, etc you can delet an entry by pressing 'D'.