[mythtv-users] Programme #14336

norman norman at littletank.org
Mon Oct 22 12:59:28 UTC 2007

< snip >

> Sounds like you're using a DVB-T card to receive Freeview. You need to rescan
> your channels because some channels have moved multiplexes (CH4 and some radio
> mostly). There are further changes coming next month, so you will probably have
> to rescan again then also.

You are absolutely correct and have hit the nail on the head. I thought
this might be the cause so I re-scanned several times to no effect.

> You might be able to get away with just rescanning. If you end up with duplicate
> entries in the database, or other peculiarities, the best bet is to "Delete all
> tuners" *not* "delete all tuners on <hostname>2, even though it will involve you
> in some extra work.

I cannot find any reference to tuners or hostname which I am assuming
would be in the backend setup procedure. However there is a heading
'Capture cards' under which there are 'V4L:/dev/video0' and 'DVB:0'. Do
you mean delete these and start over again to set up this section?

> Several of us in the UK have had this problem recently, if you wish to search
> the archives for relevant information.

I have Googled away for hours but this is the most informative answer to
my dilemma that I have found or received. Thank you.

Norman