[mythtv-users] Wrong aspect ratio, weird fonts after upgrading to ubuntu gutsy 7.10

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Sun Oct 21 11:12:07 UTC 2007

Joan Vallés wrote:
> Just upgraded to Gutsy (7.10) and I've started to have problems when
> viewing recordings. My box is connected to a Samsung LCD TV (16:9) which
> has a resolution of 1360x768, before upgrading when I watched 4:3
> material with zoom off it played well just with two black bars on the
> side; now it fills all the screen. On the other side, 16:9 material gets
> letter boxed and it should not.

There's a setting somewhere under Setup->Something (TV Setttings
possibly?)->Playback (can't remember exactly) where you specify your
screen's aspect ratio.

I found that after I upgraded to Gutsy, that setting had been changed to
4:3 (I believe it may have had to do with the NVIDIA drivers being
updated, possibly). Once I set that to 16:9, it all worked fine again.

Dean.