[mythtv-users] The Bigger... Disk contest, Fall 2007 edition

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:43:43 UTC 2007

On 10/17/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> How do you use storage on your front end?  Don't recordings and ISO's (or
> movies) have to be on the backend?
>
> ...this may change my planning for my new front end...
>
> MD

That all depends...

I NFS mount the storage on my SBE/FE onto my MBE, then use it for
storage of videos.  I simply sym-link the VIDEO_TS folder into my main
video folder to invisibly use them.  I do this because the 2.2TB array
on the MBE gets full quickly ;-)

Also, with the new SVN, you can have multiple recording directories
(Storage Groups), some of which may be NFS mounted (I typically record
locally, then use a user job to transfer to the MBE).

YMMV
--
Doug