[mythtv-users] MythTV media server on PS3

Simon Bell mail at simon-bell.net
Wed Oct 17 22:11:01 UTC 2007

> Does anyone know how I can get to see all my TV shows on my PS3 from my MythTV backend. I am using MythTV svn
>
> I have 2 tuners PVR-150 and Hd5500 DVB card.
>
> I am able to properly see shows that have been encoded in MPEG2 using my PVR-150 card.
>
> Some of the HDTV shows captured using QAM ( ComCast )  appear without sound.
>
> When I transcoded my shows to use MPEG4, my PS3 didn't support this format.
>
> Are there any solutions,tweaks I can do to be able to stream my shows to PS3 and transcoding the data to a form that the PS3 understands?
>
> thx

This is something I'm interested in too. My brother has a PS3 and I
thought it was great when MythTV got the UPnP add on, but it's not that
easy.

The MPEG streams captured from DVB are not always very 'clean' and
although MythTV is fairly good at extracting what it needs, other
players (PS3) need things in a cleaner form. That is why sometimes you
will get no sound, or picture, or anything!

I tried to remedy this by transcoding but then of course the files are
.nuv and the PS3 can't read them.

Perhaps someone could clarify this as I could be wrong.