[mythtv-users] Has anyone used a HAVA media server with mythtv?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Oct 17 19:15:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:03:55PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:53:37AM -0700, Jon Larson wrote:
> > Here's the link: http://www.myhava.com/product_hava_platinum_hd.html
> >
> > Would anyone care to conjecture/speak from experience whether it be used
> > as a source in mythtv?
>
> Pure conjecture: if it really sends the multicast MPEG-2 streams
> that it appears to be sending, MythTV integration will not be
> very difficult. It might be super-easy (as an IPTV recorder) but
> more likely will be on the order of HDHomeRun.
>
> Heck, I'd like to connect it to component output of a satellite
> or cable HD box.

I did a little research.

It may work easily for you, as some people seem to think that it
sends RTSP and can be viewed by VLC -- in other words, as an
IPTV recorder.

It also appears to be resolution-limited on output to 720x480.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.