[mythtv-users] Has anyone used a HAVA media server with mythtv?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Oct 17 19:03:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 11:53:37AM -0700, Jon Larson wrote:
> Here's the link: http://www.myhava.com/product_hava_platinum_hd.html
>
> Would anyone care to conjecture/speak from experience whether it be used
> as a source in mythtv?

Pure conjecture: if it really sends the multicast MPEG-2 streams
that it appears to be sending, MythTV integration will not be
very difficult. It might be super-easy (as an IPTV recorder) but
more likely will be on the order of HDHomeRun.

> I'd like to use it like a HDHomeRun, but connect it to a composite (i.e.
> un-modulated) source (whereas the HDHomeRun only accepts cable input)
> such as a video camera, and have that piped back the myth box via
> ethernet for recording.

Heck, I'd like to connect it to component output of a satellite
or cable HD box.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.