[mythtv-users] Slick frontend ML02

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 17 03:20:53 UTC 2007

Doug Young wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Sebastian Buks <sebastianbuks at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I stumbled across this:
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=796&num=1
>> http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=ml02&area=usa
>>
>> However, I don't know if the VFD and IR works under linux.
>
> Short answer is yes, I would be confident that these devices work
> under Linux, and that myth supports them.

I have a different Silverstone case with an iMon VFD and remote (looks like
the one that comes with the ML02), and had no problem getting them working
under Linux, but I've found that the remote itself is not very robust.  I've
had it almost 2 years, and several of the buttons have stopped working or
don't work reliably.  I've seen similar comments on this list, too.
Unfortunately, it's a nonstandard IR interface, so you can't just buy any old
universal remote to replace it.

--
Peter Schachte              Freedom received through the efforts of others,
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        however benevolent, cannot be retained when such