[mythtv-users] Issues with Slave backend

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Oct 14 21:31:13 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed two issues with the MythTV Slave Backend. I’m  using Suse
10.1 sever version with Mythtv 20.2.

> 1) When I first install the slave backend, I noticed that all commflagings
failed. I realized that the commercial skip binary was not installed with >
the backend. So, I copied the one from the master and it worked OK. I guess
this needs to be permanently fixed. How do we fix this?
Can't help here as I don’t use Suse, but sounds like something is screwy
with the package.. Althou I believe the package should be the same whether
or not you are building a slave or a master...

> 2) Sometimes my slave backend will crash, maybe once every two weeks. So,
I installed monit to monitor and restart the process. However, it fails to >
start the process when it calls mythbackend script in /etc/init.d.  After
looking at the logs, it looks like the backend is trying to connect to a > >
local database, when the database is on the master backend. I can manually
start it OK, but not from monit.  Any ideals?

This one is simple..
Your script is starting myth as a user other than the one you are starting
the script as..
You have modified the mysql.txt for the user you are logged in as to connect
to the mysql service running on the master but the user that the script is
starting myth as does not have this set properly.

Marc