[mythtv-users] Issues with Slave backend

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Sun Oct 14 21:15:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have noticed two issues with the MythTV Slave Backend. I'm  using Suse
10.1 sever version with Mythtv 20.2.

1)       When I first install the slave backend, I noticed that all
commflagings failed. I realized that the commercial skip binary was not
installed with the backend. So, I copied the one from the master and it
worked OK. I guess this needs to be permanently fixed. How do we fix this?

2)       Sometimes my slave backend will crash, maybe once every two weeks.
So, I installed monit to monitor and restart the process. However, it fails
to start the process when it calls mythbackend script in /etc/init.d.  After
looking at the logs, it looks like the backend is trying to connect to a
local database, when the database is on the master backend. I can manually
start it OK, but not from monit.  Any ideals?