[mythtv-users] Still no AC3 passthrough...

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:56:54 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Greg Arena <gma at gmadigitaldesign.com> wrote:

> Darren,
>
>         I un-muted the IEC958 Output in alsamixer. Until I did
> that, I was getting no audio at all. So that part appears to be
> correct - once I did that, I was able to get 2-channel audio
> working before I tried getting the pass-through to work again.
>         I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what settings are
> working for you. I have a feeling I may have tried them already.
> I'm beginning to think the problem may be somewhere else because,
> as I said in another post, running "aplay -L" results in a
> segmentation fault and I did a lot of experimenting, upgrading
> ALSA, etc.

This is not a fix all solution, but if you haven't you might want to try
ignoring the .asoundrc for now and just entering ALSA:iec958 (or ALSA:spdif
depending on your card) in myth as your passthrough device.  If things need
to be resampled this will not work, but in my case and at least for a few
other folks, this works for most things.