[mythtv-users] Audio only channels stutter and play at wrong speed

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 18:18:17 UTC 2007

Hi everyone.  I'm having a problem with a few channels
I was just able to scan.  Our service is Comcast
Digital, and they provide digital channels for local
radio stations.

  The problem is that when I tune to these channels -
well first I have to tune to the first major channel,
if I tune to just any of the audio channels, mythtv
will show only a partial lock.  So after tuning to the
major channel, then I can change to a different audio
channel - Anyway, the problem is that when I tune to
these channels, the audio playback stutters, then
begins playing back at high speed.  I'm thinking that
this is because there is no video signal to sync with
the audio, but I'm not sure.  Is there anyone that
knows a fix for this?  By the way, I'm using the
latest masked 20.2 Gentoo release, not SVN.

Also, if the fix involves something that could affect
my normal digital channels, can the fix be limited to
just the videoless audio channels?

Thank you everyone,
Sam