[mythtv-users] mythweather-revamp setup

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 01:18:18 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Joe Ripley <vitaminjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, that did it, switched to G.A.N.T! The new screens are there...
> > however, it's still impossible to find Charlotte, NC. :-P
>
> Progress!  That's great!
>
> Ok, well, maybe you can try running the weather script from the
> command line.  Try this:
>
> ~> cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/
>
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts> ./nwsxml.pl -l "Charlotte"
> KPGD::Punta Gorda, Charlotte County Airport, FL
> KCLT::Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, NC
> KCHO::Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport, VA
> TIST::St Thomas-Charlotte Amalie/CyrilE King Int Airport, VI
>
> Do you get similar output from the nwsxml.pl script?
>
> (BTW: Your scripts might be in a different location... I think the
> default is /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts).

Joe - first off... thanks for sticking with me on this.  In all
honesty, I don't really too much about mythweather other than it just
kinda bugs me that I couldn't get it working.  So, a big thanks to you
for walking through some of this with me...

Anyway, when I ran the command line I saw that I was missing one of
the required perl libraries.  So, I did an "apt-get install
libxml-simple-perl", reran it from the command line, and it came back
succesful.  I haven't had a chance to run it from the frontend, but
I'll try later tonight.  I'm imagining it will work.

What's weird is that some results were coming back prior to this, so
it must have been a different system that it was searching.

Thanks!
Matt