[mythtv-users] Myth Update

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Thu Oct 11 21:50:59 UTC 2007

NoName Anonymous wrote:
> "I don't know, but I do know you will get a lot further asking for
> help once you've used the supported method of upgrading. :) "
>
> That's the problem.  As far as I know I DID use the supported
> proceedure.  I used "yum -y upgrade mythtv-suite" which is exactly
> what has been stated.  That said there was nothing to upgrade and I
> knew that was false because I needed the Schedules Direct additions.
>
> My understanding, from considerable reading of these forums, is that
> this was Axel's fix to having to update a bunch of different
> packages.  It appears the Myth-Suite covers the gamut.  However that
> wouldn't work.  So that leaves me out in the cold wondering how to
> make my MythTV work (again).
>
> I just want the darn thing to work.  I really like some of the
> capabilities of MythTV but so far my next purchase will be a new TiVo,
> not a new MythTV.  I'm sorry there's just way too many problems and
> even the simplest of tasks leads to difficulty and controversy.

I may have missed some of this thread but I've seen enough Axel stock
would suggest you do a simple "yum update". If this method pulls
packages you don't want I guess you could exclude them via yum.conf.

I believe mythtv-suite was a meta package that is no longer in use. I
think its just called 'mythtv' now.

Mike