[mythtv-users] Sound track overwhelmingly the dialog (HD sound)

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 11 20:03:53 UTC 2007

Michael Rice wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Yes I am running AC-3 passthrough.  My receiver displaying Dolby Digital
>> with the lock light on.  Pushing up Daisies last night on ABC was fine
>> but Bionic Women, Life, and the last 30 Rock all had this problem.  I
>> don't remember the last Hero's having the problem & I know that the
>> Tonight Show does not have this problem.
>
> FWIW I had exactly the same problem with Bionic Woman last night
> (recorded on HDHR via Comcast QAM).  We then watched Kitchen
> Nightmares and there were no problems at all.  This is the first time
> I've seen this problem (but I am just starting to record HD so I don't
> have much to compare to).

Thanks for the data point.  Sound like we have very similar setups.  I'm
also HDHR via Comcast QAM.  I'm in the Portland, OR market.

I'm set to record Earl and 30 Rock tonight.  We will see if the problem
is fixed.

Is really strange -- commercial breaks sound if fine, local news is
fine, and The Tonight Show is fine.  The problem is only with some prime
time programming.

Jon