[mythtv-users] Tuner Rollover

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 14:25:10 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, DISAFAN <disafan at aim.com> wrote:
> I'm continuing to experiment with firewire issues, but I'm wondering, as
> I cannot find any mention of it, although I may be using the wrong
> search terms.
>
> In the event a tuner fails to record, is there is a setting or feature
> that would have the recording begin on an alternate tuner? If not, is
> this worth submitting as a feature request? It would protect my firewire
> problems....if firewire goes flooey, it would try it on a lower priority
> tuner...ie my analog connection to the cable box.

Try this script I recently wrote, it may help in preventing recording
failures, its made my firewire recordings 100% stable over the last
week, where before I would fail every one in 10 firewire recordings.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff#6200changer.sh

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!