[mythtv-users] Multiple tuner types with single Schedules Direct account

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 10 04:20:18 UTC 2007

On 10/09/2007 10:11 PM, Marc wrote:

> I had 2 Data Direct accounts, one for NTSC and one for ATSC.
>
> I paid for 2 Schedules Direct accounts to do the same thing but read
> that we were supposed to be able to do both tuners from a single lineup.
>
> I setup my system for this method but it does not work completely.
>

> My lineup has (NTSC) 1-96 and (ATSC) 200’s and 800’s
>
> I have 2 entries in , one for Standard Def and one for High Def, both
> using the same login information.

Are they the same lineup?  If not, it's nothing special--create two
video sources and customize each lineup to the channels you want.

> This works fine for the ATSC channels, I deleted all the
> non-receivable channels and they stay gone.
>

> This does not work for the NTSC channels.. The I deleted the channels
> that I cannot receive on the NTSC tuners using the same method as I
> did for the ATSC tuners.. However the next time mythfilldatabase is
> run the channels I deleted get added back. This some of my recordings
> on the high def channels attempt to record on the tuners that cannot
> receive those channels.

If not--if you're actually using only one SD lineup--you need
--remove-new-channels in mythfilldatabase arguments.  See the end of
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4 .  The 'F' (full) in
RTFM.  :)

Mike