[mythtv-users] Mac OSX DVD Playback?

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:53:19 UTC 2007

How do you get DVD's to play properly in MythFrontend.app (I'm using
the .20.2 version from Sniperpad.com)?  I've tried three commercial
DVDs at this point and none have been able start a DVD.  I get the
following in "console.log":

2007-10-09 20:43:25.477 TV: Attempting to change from None to
WatchingPreRecorded
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10-xine from http://xine.sf.net
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdread: Can't stat /dev/dvd
No such file or directory
libdvdnav: vm: faild to open/read the DVD
2007-10-09 20:43:25.478 Failed to open DVD device at /dev/dvd

The thing I find troublesome is "Encrypted DVD support unabailable."
How do I add encrypted DVD support to the Mac Binaries?  Do I have to
add some MPlayer binary or something to MythFrontend.app somewhere?