[mythtv-users] Wat causes fluxstartup.sh to run?

Ron Heron ronheron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:44:06 UTC 2007

RN wrote:

> When I edit the fluxstartup.sh file on my xbox
> (xebian), I wind up with 2 copies of the frontend
> end of the file.)

I've noted that not only does mythfrontend have 2 tasks on my xbox(es), but
any task started by fluxstartup.sh is duplicated.

I followed the xbox/mythfrontend install instructions from the MythTV on
Xebian HOWTO http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Xebian_HOWTO and added
both "irexec &" and "mythfrontend &"  after the line that starts "xtdesk" in
fluxstartup.sh.

killing one of the duplicate mythfrontend tasks or one each of the xtdesk,
irexec and mythfrontend tasks does not seem to leave any problems in using
mythfrontend on the xbox.

Killing the duplicate mythfrontend clears up a lot of performance and other
"wierd" behaviour on xbox mythfrontends.

-Ron