[mythtv-users] Mac OS X choppy playback at high display resolutions, such as 1080p

Todd Ignasiak todd.ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:56:08 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Eric Robinson <ryunokokoro at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just connected one of my Mac Mini's to a reliable network drop and I
> seem to get the issue mentioned here.  Some channels play fine whilst
> others suffer the stuttering.  I assume that the ones that are
> stuttering are displaying 1080i programs (currently we only have HD
> connected).

What sort of display are you connected to?   This problem, as far as I
can tell, only happens on very high resolution displays.   I have seen
several reports of it with 1080p displays, and I see it on a 24" iMac
with 1920x1200 display.

On my Mini, which is connected to a 720p display, I never see this
problem.  So, I just want to make sure we're seeing the same thing.