[mythtv-users] Mac OS X choppy playback at high display resolutions, such as 1080p

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 21:36:26 UTC 2007

I just connected one of my Mac Mini's to a reliable network drop and I
seem to get the issue mentioned here.  Some channels play fine whilst
others suffer the stuttering.  I assume that the ones that are
stuttering are displaying 1080i programs (currently we only have HD
connected).

Sorry that I'm not posting any debugging information.  I figure I
would second this thread with my own experiences using different
hardware.  A fix for this would be spectacular!

I've only tested the Sniperpad.com version of the Frontend.
http://www.thesniderpad.com//index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=fileinfo&id=537

I will give the Padilla.net 9-22-2007 version of the Fixes tree a shot
soon and see if the issue persists.
http://padilla.net/mythtv-osx

Unfortunately I don't have the right environment to build/hack the
library myself.

- Eric