[mythtv-users] Old notebook with touchscreen ... make it "mythable" ?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:37:27 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > and display got broken. I came to an idea while laying in the hospital
> > > to make an extension cable for the display to be able to hide the rest
> > > of the notebook somewhere and just to make display really visible for
> > > the use.
> >
> > Or you could make a nice "picture frame" case with the laptop hidden
> > behind the screen (in the case).
> >
> > Then you could install your favorite "picture slideshow" application
> > on it, and make it so that when you touch the touch screen (pun
> > intended), it changes into Mythweb or another MythTV remote control
> > application.
>
> that's nice idea. I have no "favorite picture slideshow application",
> but MythGallery could probably do this. If not, I could find an
> alternative.
>
> There was also a plugin called MythRecipe or something like that. That
> brought me to an idea to install display somewhere in the kitchen. I
> do not need recipes because I am not a some kind of great cook, but I
> like the idea of have touchscreen in the kitchen :)). Off course,
> purpose of the touch screen is not clear :).
>

> It would be nice to have some kind of simple theme for MythTv, which
> could be used with touch screens ( keyword: car pc).

I'm with you - I plan on having a touchscreen FE in my kitchen at some point
in the near future that I could fire up while doing dishes or something.
Ebay has quite a few touchscreen LCDs for cheap money, although I need to
research compatibility some more. If anybody's working on a  touchscreen
optimized Myth I'd love to help test.