[mythtv-users] 1080p minimum TV size

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:31:32 UTC 2007

Try searching this forum for buying TVs, very difficult since TV is
mentioned a zillion times.

I am in the market for a new TV (still using my 27"  Sony).
I have been following a number of threads on advice for TVs, they are all good.

I have also read the OT: Why 1080p? thread.

I didn't really see anything that indicated a minimum TV size where
changing from 720p to 1080i to 1080p would be worth while.

In my case, I think I am looking at the 40" zone.  Not that big of a
room, but huge compared to the 27" we are using now.

Given a 40" TV, can you notice a difference between the 3 resolutions?
 1080p is really the new thing in the store which comes at a premium.
I am trying to figure out if it is worth while to spend the additional
bucks.  If we end up saying it is not worth it since the TV is too
small to see a difference then great, I will save my money.

TIA,
Dave