[mythtv-users] Fast Forward Works Then Stops

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Oct 8 03:17:01 UTC 2007

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <gkade at unnerving.org> says:
> mythtranscode --mpeg2 --infile <recording_file> --buildindex --
> showprogress
>
> Would it be recommended to do this automatically on every recording?

Can't hurt.

> (And, is there a document that would guide me in doing this (maybe as
> a user job?)

In mythtv-setup, go to the first menu entry, then the page that talks
about user jobs. Add the following job:

    Rebuild Seektable

    User Job:
    mythtranscode -c %CHANID% -s %STARTTIME% -k -b -m -v
    important,general --showprogress

    (The above on one line, of course)

Now, in mythfrontend, Watch Recordings|Job Options will show "Begin
Rebuild Seektable" as an option. Like the built-in jobs, this can be
applied to a single recording or (through playlists) multiple
recordings. Hint: It's possible to add every existing recording to the
playlist at once with just three clicks (by my count).

How I learned about the existence of the feature that shows customer
User Jobs to mythfrontend's menus:
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/263723#263723>

What the %codes% in the user-job line mean:
<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Jobs>