[mythtv-users] Fast Forward Works Then Stops

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade gkade at unnerving.org
Sun Oct 7 21:06:54 UTC 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> In theory, if your DB is not corrupt, the seektable built during
> recording is likely to be correct (unless you're I/O bound during
> recording and MySQL is unable to properly write data).  So, I'd
> recommend only running this on "corrupt" recordings.

Well, optimize_mythdb.pl didn't say anything about corruption, unless
Debian/Ubuntu's mysql startup scripts checked/corrected it this last
time I restarted the system.  I'll keep an eye on it, though.

> I'd recommend using mythrename.pl --link to create a directory of
> links.  Then, you can look up the "real filename" with "ls -l
> /path/to/link/directory/title*" or whatever.
>
> The UI hides the filenames--perhaps to try to discourage users from
> messing with Myth's data.  ;)

Can't imagine why. ;)

Thanks again for all the help.  My wife is happy again, now that
seeking works properly. :)

Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade <gkade at unnerving.org>
OpenPGP Key ID: EAF4844B  keyserver: pgpkeys.mit.edu