[mythtv-users] Disabling XvMC for DVD playback using internal player

Edward Coffey edward.coffey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:08:00 UTC 2007

Hi all,

This was mentioned a while back but I don't think anything came of it:
is there some setting/hack to disable XvMC when playing DVDs via the
internal player?

I need XvMC to play HDTV broadcast content, but when it is enabled
DVDs seem to play back at half speed with the audio repeatedly
dropping out. I can play DVDs with no problem on Xine, Ogle, MPlayer,
and on the internal player when XvMC is disabled. I know I can just
use Xine, but even after spending quite a while fiddling with the
configuration options it still doesn't integrate as seamlessly as the
internal player.

Thanks,
Ed.