[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect deactivated my account, ack the new privacy policy

glen martin lists at locutory.org
Sat Oct 6 19:02:32 UTC 2007

Posting as other folks might be experiencing this without noticing it yet.

Long debugging story short, mythfilldatabase wasn't getting new schedule
information (though claiming to succeed).

So I logged into schedulesdirect to see what was up and found:
<<<

    Reactivate My Schedules Direct Membership

Your account is currently deactivated. If you would like to reactivate
your membership, you must you must read, acknowledge and agree to the
following policy documents by checking the box to the left of "Yes, I
accept" next to each document.

Then I had to accept 3 documents, 2 of which I'd previously read and
accepted when I signed up. the third was a new privacy policy.

Having a look through my email, I found a notice of new privacy policy
on the Sept 21, then a deactivation notice on Oct 1. In my spam folder,
cuz it looked like spam.

Maybe I'm overly grumpy today, but is it truly necessary to deactivate
service because someone hasn't accepted a privacy policy where none
existed before and so the reader should have no current anticipation of
privacy? Is my acknowledgement that you won't do something you were
allowed to do so important?  What is this, deactivating me for my own
damned good?

I tell you, my wife missed **Survivor**, this was not for my good, trust me.

Anyway, for any of the rest of you who may also have missed the email in
your spam or otherwise, you might want to take a look at your listings
and maybe wander over to SD.

glen